I was walking down the street the other day and I tripped over. I turned around to see what I tripped over and realised what I tripped over, happened 15 years ago. How does that make sense? What the heck has that got to do with my life? And why is this newsletter structured around a concept that is very hard to grasp? Welcome to this month's newsletter!
What are you tripping over?
There is a quote out there that says: "Don't stumble over something that's behind you".
Unfortunately, in our community, when people first join it they are quite often stumbling over things that happened 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 yrs ago, and they are still using it as an excuse for why they not doing what they love right now. We all have stuff from the past. We all have baggage. We all have emotional road blocks. We all have charges. We all have a range of things that can hold us back.
In fact, the thing about being successful is not working more efficiently in what we are wanting to do, quite often, the secret to being successful is to remove all the blockages from the past that impede our ability to go out there and create what we desire.
How do we work with blockages and what do we do with them?
I want to give you a really quick strategy right now. Here is an exercise that will allow you to remove these blockages. It all starts with the concept of understanding the power of empowering questions.
1) Started to ask yourself over and over again:
"How many ways can I continue to enjoy this laughter?"
It will only take a matter of seconds before you actually start to smile.
2) Keep persisting, asking yourself the same question and you will eventually end up laughing!
Why? Because when you ask your brain a question, it presupposes that it's doing a certain activity already. So, when you ask yourself "How many ways can I continue enjoying this laughter?", your brain actually thinks you are already laughing. Then it thinks it has missed something and it sends a physiological response to the body to get the body to start laughing.
How do we use it to overcome our blockages?
Follow these simple steps:
• Write down a list of things that you are being blocked by. For example: some problems; beliefs; obstacles to moving forward or getting something done; or maybe some fears.
• Write down the polar opposite. So, if you are afraid of being successful, the polar opposite might be "I am totally in love with being successful".
• Turn it into an empowering question like this, "How many ways, can I continue loving an even greater level of success?" or "How many ways can I continue enjoying the success that I have, from a place of love and appreciation?"
• Write down at least three answers to that question. Then you actually have some solutions, that you can start to strategise into your own life.
You will be amazed at how powerful this technique is.
I hope this newsletter has made sense to you and that you put it into action.
What I would like you to do, once you have utilised the technique, is to share some of the answers you get to your empowering questions. Please write them dowm below. This way we can start to see what you are creating and moving towards.
Until we meet again, share your light, live your love and do whatever it takes to be your own best friend
The Plug: The Turning Point Intensive
The fastest way to empower yourself and live abundantly on purpose.
Do You Feel You Are Capable Of Achieving Much More In Life?
Reach your true potential and live life on YOUR terms with this transformational weekend.
The Gift: On Becoming a Leader
In this book Warren Bennis outlined the principles and implementation plan for becoming a leader. He sums up this book with three top recommendations for leaders. They include the status quo is unacceptable, recruiting and retaining smart people leads to competitive advantage, and followers need direction, trust and hope.
Download the free eBook summary here - Feel free to forward to friends
Read more about: Personal Development